Open Research Forum 2016 (1)
SFC Academic Society Event Supports Research and Other Academic Pursuits
Opportunity to Present Research/Academic Interests at SFC-ORF in Roppongi
- Are you interested in researching something outside your current area?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to present your research?
- Do you need a chance to ask for advice?
- Do you need a place where you can assemble project members?
The SFC Academic Society addresses needs such as the above, by organizing this event, which is funded by faculty and students to help everybody at SFC pursue their research interests.
The Society is a co-host of the SFC-ORF (Open Research Forum), held annually in Roppongi. The Forum allows collaboration, where you get a chance to share your research and academic interests, learn from others, and work with others. You can present anything you like, provided it is interesting, and there is also funding to pursue your research for award winners. ORF attracts up to 5,000 participants, therefore, if you are currently working on a research project or other academic interests, this is your chance to take it to the next level. Contact the SFC Academic Society administrators (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to apply to the Forum.
- Dates, etc.
Dates: November 18 & 19, 2016
Event: SFC-ORF (Open Research Forum) @ Roppongi Tokyo Midtown
Expected no. of participants: 5,000 approx.
(including university faculty and students, high school students, subject specialists, business people, media representatives, and other members of the general public)
- Presentation format (provisional)
In principle, both the poster and the session-room presentation are required.
Poster (A1-sized poster to be displayed in booth and used to present the research to booth visitors)
Short presentation (10 min approx.) in conference center session room
- Application deadline: September 23, 2016 (4 pm)
Applications should be sent via E-mail to the SFC Academic Society administrators (email@example.com), with "Application to Present Research/Academic Interests" in the E-mail subject. The application itself should include the following:
* Title of presentation
* Name, faculty, and E-mail address of the presenter; a group name should be included for group presentations
* Presentation summary (up to 1,000 characters); 3 key words (e.g., IT, public policy, art)
- Notification of selection: October 3, 2016 (provisional date)
The Program Committee will screen applications and notify applicants of the results by E-mail.
A total of 10 presentations are anticipated.
- Submission of data for A1-sized poster: October 26, 2016 (4 pm)
The Program Committee will evaluate the presentations and confer excellence awards for the most outstanding research or other academic pursuits. The awards ceremony will be held during the ORF event.