Guide for Author
1. Manuscript styles
Manuscript must be written as either one style from the following:
- Research Paper (an original article, result of positive or logical research)
- Research Note (an interim report or report)
- Book Review Paper (an introduction or a critique of a document)
- Book Review/Academic Trend (review should be an introduction or critique of document and academic trend should be a commentary for scope of research)
2. Pages of manuscript
Manuscript must be in A4 format (single column) with 34 letters in a line and 30 lines at maximum. Abide by the following standards including title and references:
Research Paper: no more than 20000 letters (no more than 20 pages).
Research Note: no more than 12000 letters (no more than 12 pages).
Book Review Paper: no more than 9000 letters (no more than 9pages).
Book Review and academic trend: no more than 5500 letters (no more than 6 pages).
3. Paper format and basic structure
Manuscript must be in A4 format (single column) with the structure in the order of the following:
- Title (Japanese and English) If the paper is written in non-English language, use that language
- Name of author(s), Affiliation, Position (Japanese and English)
- Abstract (printed in front of the body in two languages)
In case of Japanese and English: no more than 250 letters in Japanese and no more than 250 letters in English.
In case of other language: no more than 250 letters in Japanese and no more than 250 words in the written language.
- Keywords. Keywords are used for searching purposes. Prepare them in advance. It will be printed in the article. Prepare no more than five keywords with the same language as your paper.
Also, fill in the necessary items in "KEIO SFC JOURNAL SUBMISSION FORM" and send with the manuscript.
4. Submission of manuscript
- Send an e-mail to "email@example.com" attaching "MS-Word" manuscript file. (Please contact to the administration office in case of submitting manuscript in other format.)
- Also, submit five set of hard copies. (to be in A4 format with four of them must hide the name of author(s), affiliation and position)
Manuscript must follow these layouts.
Top and bottom: 25mm each. Left and right: 25mm each.
As a general rule, use following fonts:
- Title: 14pt Minchotai in Japanese and 12pt Times new Roman in English.
- Name of Author(s), affiliation and position: 12pt Minchotai in Japanese and 12pt Times New Roman in English.
- Abstract: 8pt Minchotai in Japanese and 8.5pt Times New Roman in English.
- Keyword: 8pt Minchotai in Japanese and 8.5 Times New Roman in English.
- Body: 9pt Minchotai in Japanese and 9.5pt Times New Roman or 9pt Century Old in English.
- Header: 10.5pt Gothic style in principle.
- Notes and references: 8pt Minchotai in Japanes and 8.5pt Times New Roman in English.
Punctuation marks must be
in Japanese written papers and ,. in other language as well as papers with many mathematical signs.
Use Shin-ji and Shin-kana. Because the printing will be done horizontally, use horizontal punctuation marks, paranthesis, colon and etc.
7. Unification of terminology and notation
As for KEIO SFC JOURNAL, in principle, we do not unify the terminology. Please unify the terminology and notation by yourself.
- Notation of names those who are not Japanese
Those names which are needed for notation academically or paper wise, notation must be in katakana and notation in original language in principle, but if the name is already general or does not need to be in original language, notation of the name does not have to be as example above.
|Ex.||Katakana (notation in original language if possible) ||J. (J.Piaget)|
- Notation of year in the Chritian era, Japanese year form and numerals
Use half width Arabic numerals.
- Notation of notes
Assign a number and place them together at the end of the body.
- Notation of reference
- Both Japanese books and foreign books will be listed as following order.
[Japanese books in Gojuon order]
Author (in case of academic paper, use instead) Volume Number Publisher Published Year page number
[Foreign books in alphabetical order]
Author, Title (italic, (in case of academic paper, do not use italic but quote the title with "" and use italic for the title of the journal title)), Volume, Number, (published place, publisher, published year) page number
- Do not use (f) but use (p) for notation of page number.
Ex. in case when you referred page 123 to page 124,
Use notation like pp.123-124, and not p.123f.
- Pictures, Figures and Tables in the paper (For pictures, Adobe Illustrator is recommended. For Tables, Microsoft Excel is recommended.)
When the paper is accepted, prepare them with individual format.
- Pictures (graphics composed with dots)
Pictures taken with digital cameras, use standard JPEG format original image with a resolution of more than 350 dpi and for analog pictures, prepare the printed picture.
- Figures (graphics composed with lines)
Convert the original files, which are made by graphic software, to EPS file format.
Do not use scanned graphic but prepare a file with the format provided by the software.
MS Word File